The FABulous Journey Is 6 Months Old!September 6, 2015
Seize The Moments – Wordless WednesdaySeptember 8, 2015
Summer is beginning to fade as a fond memory and fall is on the doorstep. Depending on your place in the world, fall can mean different things to different people. For some, fall means dropping temperatures and heavy fabrics while for others of us in tropical climates, fall may only signal a change in our fashion state of mind… our temperature never radically changes.
Fall 2015 Color Trends Guide
Color is one of the biggest seasonal changes from summer to fall. The Fall 2015 Color Trends draw heavily from nature. These colors are also reminiscent of the 70’s fashion color palette. Don’t you just get “peace and love” from this array of colors? I definitely plan to have fun with 70’s throwback fashions in a future post!
I think the Reflecting Pond blue is an excellent color to segue between warmer and cooler temperatures. Navy blue looks equally attractive with cool white or with the warm Oak Bluff color of fall.
The long illusion skirt is a great consideration for fashion over 40 because it provides full coverage while giving the illusion of a shorter skirt.
I paired this outfit with a neon accent necklace. Neon accents are also a fashion trend for fall. Here, I think the word “accent” is key, because a little bit of neon goes a long way!
I am a classic winter in coloring, which means I gravitate more to pure colors with a blue/black undertone. I am drawn to the grays, navy and turquoise; although I think the Oak Bluff color would be a great accent color for leather accessories. So, which fall colors strike your fancy? Let me know in the comments below.
I was thrilled to be included in this week’s Links à la Mode with IFB (Independent Fashion Bloggers). Below, you can stroll through a collection of 20 inspiring fashion posts for the week. (Any advertising or sponsorship is for IFB and not for The FABulous Journey.)
Catch all my fashion over 40 posts by clicking the little red follow button at the bottom of the screen or Follow with Bloglovin!
Links à la Mode, September 3
- A Handful of Stories: On Personal Style
- DressCode | HighFashion: 70’s Trend F/W 15/16 | Mini, Midi, & Maxi Skirts
- Everyday Starlet: The Perfect White T Shirt for a Full Bust
- Hey Just Jei: Life | New York, New York You’re a Helluva Town Part 1
- La Vintage Vida: The Fitting Room Chronicles | Channeling Vera Ramone King
- Les Assorties: Fostering Emerging Italian Talent
- Life in the Fash Lane: Blogging 101 | How to Deal with Blogging Block
- Lobler & Delaney: AW15 Shoe Guide
- Mama in Heels: Tips for Packing a Las Vegas Weekend Getaway
- Modavracha: Top 5 Essential Eye Make-Up Brushes For the Beginner
- Musing of a Fashion Designer: Spotlight | Dent De Man
- Purushu Arie: Let Cristiano Ronaldo Teach You How to Rock a Men’s Bag
- Sassy Ethnic Bohemian: The Meetup Adventure
- Savvy Sunflower: It’s About the 70’s and Making it Modern
- Style Diary by Osy: Wrap Queen | Ankara Style
- Take Two: Arabia’s Beauty Experts Reveal Their Summer Essentials & Beauty Hacks
- The FABulous Journey: Sweet and Simple Cherry Red Dress
- The Wanderbliss: Zipping at Neemrana
- Trendy Techie: How to Nix Jet Lag Before it Begins
- We Are Ready Made: Talking to “The One Percenters”