Denim Top| Staple Wardrobe PieceSeptember 3, 2020
Feeling Put Out | Thankful For New MerciesSeptember 17, 2020
Birthdays are interesting things…a time when we celebrate and we’re celebrated for just being born. This week I turned 53, which means I am well-entrenched into my fifth decade.
While I thoroughly enjoyed my day of pampering and attention, I’ve come to the stage of life where each new year deserves a moment of focused reflection.
So here goes…
53 birthdays – Reflecting On The Seasons
I am more than a decade and I am more than a number. I am the sum total of God’s grace woven into a tapestry of memories and changing seasons.
- Season of “life’s not fair” and why can’t I do anything with my hair!
- Season of spread wings and new horizons
- Season of early mornings and rocking sick babies
- Season of bake sale brownies, homemade costumes, front row cheering sections, and proud tears
- Season of letting go, a little…well, in my head, but never in my heart
- Multiple seasons of being the wrong size…whatever that is?!
- Season of more time, more wisdom, more experience than ever before.
This present season is one that deserves further reflection. Why? Because my whole life brings me to this point. I’ve walked through other seasons living for others’ approval; for degrees and training; for my kids; and for some elusive size. But, regardless of what my motivations were, I’ve also lived under the watchful eye of a loving God.
11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. 12 I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. 13 That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God. 14 I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that people will fear him.
I think I’ll choose “satisfied” as the signpost for this season…
- Satisfaction for what He’s done…
- Satisfaction for who I am and…
- Satisfaction in knowing that God’s plan is good and purposeful…” nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it.”
Through it all, my faith has been strengthened from years of seeing Him come through in awesome, sometimes jaw-dropping, but ultimately, perfect ways time and time again.
This galvanized faith will lead and guide me through this 53rd year…feeling satisfied!