Color Coded Jewelry – Favorite ThingsJanuary 28, 2016
Cute Denim Trench And Drawstring PantsFebruary 1, 2016
I don’t do home decor posts very often, but every now and then it’s fun to shake things up with something new. I must admit, I’m a pillow hoarder…I cannot lie. Pillows add pop to a room and if you have read any of my fashion posts, then you know I love POP!
Pillows Add Pop To A Room
As a confessed textile addict, I have stacks of home fabrics; tablecloths, sheets, pillow cases, and throws. These items add a personalized, rich feel to my home decor. Because I use a neutral color palette throughout my home, no color is ever off limits. I can easily change the mood of a room by switching out the accessories. This really comes in handy around the holidays.
Of all my textile accessories, throw pillows definitely reign supreme! Pillows add pop to a room. They are the icing of my home; whether used in the bedrooms or living room.
I am always on the lookout for new pillows, which means I usually make a beeline to the back of home decor stores to check out their clearance items.
A Few Tips For Using Pillows
- Pillows do not have to be used in matching pairs.
- Combining different patterns and textures adds visual interest to your decor.
- Use the color of one pillow as a jumping point for another pillow with a totally different color palette.
- Choose pillows with high-grade stuffing so they can easily mold to the body when someone sits on the couch.
- Overlap pillows of different shapes and sizes.
- It usually always helps to throw in some black and/or white to anchor the look.
Pillows are one of the little things that make a house into a home. Don’t ask my husband, but I say you can never have too many ;)…