Dillard’s Outlet – Fun Summer Finds #5July 16, 2015
Comfortable and Cool For SummerJuly 21, 2015
It’s easy to start believing that it is impossible to lose weight when you sit all day. I mean, hey, there are only so many hours in the day. So, it can be really frustrating to consider losing weight or getting fit when you have to sit all day at the job. While it is possible, it is a scenario that requires some extra planning.
How To Lose Weight When You Sit All Day
Have found yourself asking the question, “How can I lose weight when I sit all day?” Here are some practical tips for adding movement to your work days and focusing your weight loss efforts.
Incorporate Movement Into Your Work Day
- Is your building multi-storied? If so, take the stairs.
- Park further from the building.
- Walk at least 10 minutes of your lunch break.
- If possible, buy an exercise ball to sit on instead of a chair for at least a portion of the day. Doing this requires you use muscle control to maintain your balance.
- Lift your legs off of the floor and hold them for periods of time. This will work your stomach muscles.
Plan nutritious lunches and snacks.
- Do not leave any of your meal choices to chance. Make sure you include protein and fiber; they will keep you satisfied longer.
- Plan snacks ahead so that you don’t get hungry. This will help prevent trips to the snack machine, which will spell calorie disaster.
Plan a weight loss competition with your fellow workers.
Everything is better when done with a friend and that includes weight loss. Consider organizing a weight loss competition with some of your co-workers. There are a lot of free materials available on the internet to organize a competition at the work place.
I have organized two competitions in the past and they were both hugely successful. One tip is to have winners in two categories: weight lost and inches lost. This helps to level the playing field and also encourages participants to engage in physical activity and fitness; instead of concentrating solely on food and calorie restriction.
A friendly competition can be very motivating; not to mention it makes it super easy to find someone to walk with at lunch or after work!
Plan to exercise at least 20 minutes immediately after you return home from work.
You are much more likely to fit your exercise in if you do it before other chores and responsibilities start vying for your attention.
You can lose weight when you sit all day, but it will require planning and mindful actions at those times that you aren’t in your chair!
Catch all my posts by subscribing with your email in the right side bar of the blog or home page, Follow with Bloglovin’ or you can subscribe to just the weight journey posts feed. Also, check out the other fabulous lifestyle linkups I’m joining this week – My Linkups!