Little Black Casual DressSeptember 23, 2020
New Discovery – Nail Polish Strips!October 8, 2020
You know you’ve done it. You read an article about the greatest hair product since the invention of electricity, then you go out to spend way too much on a full-sized bottle of it. Now, it sits gathering dust on your bathroom shelf. It delivered none of the stunning results you hoped for, but you can’t bear to throw it away.
How I wish I could recoup all the money I’ve spent on useless hair styling products over the years.
But, I’m glad to say that I’ve honed my hairstyling routine down to a few select products that I go to time and time again. So, I thought it was about time to share my favorite hair styling products with you.
My Favorite Hair Styling Products*
My hair texture is fine, which means styling products are essential for volume…fine hair also means that the wrong products can easily weigh it down.
We all want nice hair. After all, it sits right up there on the top of our heads for everyone to see! So, hair is an area I am willing to splurge on, but I would way rather go with less expensive products when possible. And, for the most part, I’ve found several affordable options that do a bang-up job.
Of course, I purchased all of these products because they are the ones I use every day in my own hairstyling routine…so let’s get to it!
- Turbie Twist – I recently discovered this great little invention. This microfiber towel hangs right in my shower, so I’m always ready to wrap up my hair after shampooing. As a result, my hair stays smoother because I don’t rough up the hair cuticle with towel drying.
- Generic Leave-In Treatment With Keratin (Sally’s Beauty Supply) – I pump a few squirts in my hand and smooth through my hair, avoiding the roots. This makes my hair a lot more manageable.
- Generic Volumizing Root Lifter (Sally’s Beauty Supply) – This product comes with a unique nozzle that allows you to apply it directly to the roots. After applying, I run my fingers across my scalp from front to back to distribute it.
- BB Volumizing Spray – Although this product carries a higher price tag, it really delivers a lot of body. I spray it all over my damp hair before blow-drying.
- TRESemme’ Heat Tamer – Since embracing more gray hair, heat protection has become a necessity. I spray this styling product on the outer layers of my hair before using a straight iron.
*This post contains some affiliate links, which don’t cost you one penny. This just means I may receive a few cents if you choose to click on them or decide to purchase something I recommend.
Let me know if you decide to try any of these hair styling products and if they work for you.
Finally, I want to leave you with a nugget of encouragement to stash in your purse or pocket.
24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
I’m so glad we don’t have to have our whole lives figured out every second of the day…aren’t you?! We may not see how things are going to work out when we are wading through churning waters. I’m just glad that God sees the bottom.