54 Years – A Few Nuggets Of WisdomSeptember 16, 2021
Advent 2021| Reason To HopeDecember 1, 2021
I can’t let the holiday slip by without seizing the opportunity to say how thankful and blessed I am this Thanksgiving, 2021! And you know what? My gratitude has absolutely nothing to do with my circumstances.
I sit here typing out this post in my Manila apartment…I’m literally a world away from the family I hold most dear in the world. I’m sure I’m not the only one, but long ago I determined that if I could have just one super power, it would be teleportation. Wouldn’t it be great to just snap your fingers and be anywhere in the world you wanted to be?
But then, having said this, I’m filled with a host of conflicting emotions because where I am, right now, in this very moment is also exactly where I know God wants me to be!! And frankly, when it comes right down to it…I want to be right, smack-dab, in the middle of wherever God wants me.
It’s a miracle we made it back to Manila; a place that’s been virtually out-of-reach for over a year! Thank you God for making ways where there seems to be no way!
Nope, I can’t wish away God’s provision with a click of my heels, so I’ve decided to flip the script in my head and heart. Instead of focusing on what I don’t have this Thanksgiving, I will choose to thank God for what I’ve got!
Thankful And Blessed
- I’m thankful for the awesome view from my apartment windows.
- I’m thankful for my three happy, healthy kids who all love God and choose to serve Him.
- I’m thankful for my husband who loves me and makes me yummy muffins for breakfast whenever I ask.
- I’m thankful for supportive family members who also choose to see God’s provision in our separation.
- I’m thankful that my feet always stay the same size, so my shoes always fit.
- I’m thankful for crunchy ice in my iced tea.
- I’m thankful in advance for all the pictures I will get to see tomorrow from your holiday celebrations.
My counsel for you is simple and straightforward: Just go ahead with what you’ve been given. You received Christ Jesus, the Master; now live him. You’re deeply rooted in him. You’re well constructed upon him. You know your way around the faith. Now do what you’ve been taught. School’s out; quit studying the subject and start living it! And let your living spill over into thanksgiving.
My list could go on and on…I am thankful and blessed…no buts or “if-onlys.” Life is just too short for that…I’m living it!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone 🖤