Making Memories | Our Mountain VacationJuly 30, 2020
Be The Real Thing| My Trip To World Of CokeAugust 20, 2020
As I sit here typing this post on my new-to-me coach I can finally say I feel settled-in after two months of limbo life. My husband and I have been busy whipping our little place into shape…our “American” home for the next twelve months in Florida. So, it seems only fitting to put together a fashion post on my first morning without a list of set-up tasks looming on the horizon.
Today, I’m all about this casual black jumper dress. This dress is comfortable and it comes in the “right” color, but it speaks more to me in this season. I definitely lost my fashion oomph over the last few months following my 3-month mandated quarantine in Manila. There wasn’t much point in dressing up when I only crossed the threshold of my apartment five times in twelve weeks.
So, even when I returned to the States I found myself throwing on the same t-shirt and jeans because it was just easier that way. But, signs of the old me are slowly beginning to dawn. In fact, I even glanced at my jewelry bag the other day…I didn’t actually open it, but I thought about it…progress.
I love this easy black jumper dress because it’s comfortable and cute at the same time!
I found this dress on the swimsuit coverup rack, but I decided it was destined for more. This jumper dress has great lines with a slender bottom and pockets.
Yes, it is possible to find casual clothing that is comfortable and figure-flattering at the same time. But, it’s important to get past the notion that comfortable must be oversized, baggy, gathered, or old.
Here’s a couple of tips for choosing casual clothes that are comfortable AND flattering.
- Look at the lines. Do they flatter or take away from your figure? The narrow bottom of this jumper dress keeps it from looking like a bag.
- Does the outfit add bulk to an area you would rather deemphasize? This jumper dress is narrow at the top and the bottom, so the wider middle adds a fashionable twist instead of bulk.
- Does the outfit look good from the front and the back?
- Could you add something to a clothing item to make it work? I tried several tops under this jumper before settling on this striped, two-thirds length T-shirt. I think it gives the dress a Parisian feel.
- Don’t forget that the shoes often make or break an outfit.
How about you? Have you settled into a rut of just OK; whether it be your clothes or your life? I get you…it’s easy to become complacent with good enough. But, God always has something more for us.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
You can trust Him with your today and your tomorrows. Ask Him to show you His plans…maybe He just wants you to pay closer attention to the details of your every day to make them better reflect His glory?